Monday, March 2, 2009

Firmin

I really enjoyed this book, actually much more than I thought I would.  It was one of those that I kept coming across in my searches, but put aside for on reason or another.  Most often those books become some of my favorites, but not all the time so it is tough to know if I am putting it aside for good reason or not.  

The narrator, Firmin the Rat, is so funny.  The book is written much more like a conversation, like someone just telling their dear friend a good story.  And to my understanding this is much hard than it reads.  It is a short book to start with, I suppose since rats have short lives, but I think I finished it in record time considering the small amount of time I have to read lately.  

Explaining this book is hard and I am realizing I can't do it justice.  I am sure you are all sitting there labeling this book a "Paige Exclusive" (meaning something no one else would want to read).  I can't say much more than it is funny, I really laughed out loud at times, and I am considering reading it again...soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment