Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beginning

It is my belief that the first ten pages are the hardest part of reading a book.  For me part of the problem is that I have a lot of expectations for most books I buy. I start getting a little flustered if the beginning isn't incredibly attention grabbing.  I just really want books to be good, maybe I shouldn't put so much pressure on them.  Last night I forced myself through the first ten pages of Caravans by James Michener, then the next thing I knew I was 90 pages into the book. 

Don't worry I won't try to make some larger metaphor for life based on this observation, although it is very tempting.  Hopefully you see where I am heading. 

1 comment:

  1. 100 percent see where you are going with this. ;)
    I wonder how long it will take me to get through the first ten pages of life.... <3

    ReplyDelete