Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bookshelf: The Little Bee




A book I want to read and a cover I love!  Obviously I haven't started it yet, but I did read the inside flap and it made me even more excited.


WE DON'T WANT TO TELL YOU TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS BOOK.
It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it.
Nevertheless, you need to know something, so we will just say this:
It is extremely funny, but the African beach scene is horrific.
The story starts there, but the book doesn't.
And it's what happens afterward that is most important.
Once you have read it, you'll want to tell everyone about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens either. The magic is in how it unfolds.

I already know this book is going to be a tough one to start...my expectations are already so high based of the cover and this little synopsis.

1 comment:

  1. Paige, will you please start your posts up again? I am almost done with the Potato Peel Pie Society, and then will start back into reading Paradise and then I will finish Little Bee -- BUT THEN I'll need some recommendations! - Though I still need to read the Informant and Devil in the White City. Better hurry home and get reading! :)

    ReplyDelete